Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Dollar Tree Halloween Decorations

 

I finally purchased a few Halloween decorations from the dollar tree.  And when I combined them with things I already had around the house, I created these:

First up we have my hand and fingers collection.  They belonged to trick or treaters from last year.  What were they thinking trying to steal my candy!

101_1429

(hand and spiders were from the dollar tree…fingers from halloween express)

 

Next up is hubby #3.  I told him to straighten up or I’d have to take drastic measures.  He just wouldn’t listen. (skeleton from dollar tree.  I just tore him apart and threw him in a large dollar tree vase and added some moss) 

101_1438

 

(mice & moss from dollar tree)

101_1440

A bat that was captured 50 years ago in Transylvania.  (bat from dollar tree…glowing water made using a highlighter marker.  It’s supposed to glow when lit by a blacklight.  All I had was a candle. Will try to get a blacklight this weekend and see how it works.)

101_1443

 

black widow spider and her web also captured in Transylvania 50 years ago and preserved in the same glowing water. 

 101_1448

 

and here it is all laid out on my side table in the dining room.

101_1446 

 

Hopefully I will get a few more things made this weekend.  I am definitely wanting to try that witch that I posted about in my last post. 

 

This post is being linked to:  Funky Junk Interiors SNS

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

Erin said...

Cool ideas, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Really fun decorations.
I had not heard that about highlighter water.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Put some solar lights on top of your jars to make them glow without candles if you want. That's what I did for some fun Halloween jars.

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Very cool, especially the part that they are from Transylvania, lol. I ACTUALLY am from there, so this was cute.

Bella :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...